Moving homes is one of the toughest things you might have to organise, beaten only by organising a wedding. That being said, it is very difficult to give all the information in a nutshell, but since we like to keep it short and sweet, here are the main steps you need to undertake.
5 Quick Moving Tips
1. Notify your landlord of your plans to move and an approximate date. Obviously you have to give him a notice, otherwise you might need to pay an extra rent, or will lose your deposit.
2. Find a new address. Duuh! If your lease is coming to an end don’t wait till the last possible minute to go house-hunting. Check your options a few months prior. Put a deposit on it and make sure it will be ready before, or on the day you move out of your current home.
3. Find reliable removalists to assist you with your relocation. This will save you a lot of hassle and time.
4. Book an end of lease cleaning. Make sure you hire professional lease cleaners to help you put the place in order. Professionals are usually very quick and efficient. We should know! At Move Out Mates, we have a checklist that doesn’t miss a spot. We will try to erase all stains and traces that give you out. Booking an end of lease cleaning is important as it will guarantee your deposit in full.
5. Start packing two weeks before your move. Start with items you don’t need – your winter/summer clothes, stuff you have on the attic. Decide on what stays and what goes. Start placing everything in boxes and label, label, label. There can’t be too many labels.
If you need assistance with removals and end of lease cleaning, give us a call at 02 9098 1740 and we will give you a free quote and a generous discount for combining the two services!