You’ve found your new happy place and now you’re ready to move out of your apartment. You have everything packed up and you’re ready to go. Well, not so fast! Before you leave for good, you better spend some time cleaning and repairing. This way you can be sure you will get your bond money back.
You shouldn’t be one of those people who leaves a messy house behind. You will never want to move in in a house like that, right?
No matter if you are moving across cities, or you found a better place to rent, moving out can be stressful. The boxes around your house, the packing, the realization that you have more stuff than you can think of. All these can be so stressful and you can forget about the bond back cleaning. It’s time to move out and lock the door. You’re finding yourself in a messy house.
All this can be easily avoided with proper planning. We prepared for you easy to follow end of lease cleaning checklist to make your experience bearable.
Start packing up your things as early as possible for a stress-free moving out. Don’t forget to leave the cleaning supplies you will need out of the boxes.
The kitchen and the bathroom are the places where we spent a lot of time. All kind of bacterias are living there, ready to uprise against you. That’s why your rental cleaning should start from here.
Kitchen cleaning checklist
- Clean the windows
- Clean grease from exhaust hood
- Dust the high surfaces, on top and behind the appliances
- Dust off the blinds
- Wipe down doors
- Wash the kitchen cabinets and shelves inside and out You can use salt and lemon to clean the wooden texture. Scrub it, rinse it and you’re ready!
- Deep clean out refrigerator and freezer
- Deep clean oven, microwave and the dishwasher You can use mixed baking soda and vinegar to create past, let it sit for 15 minutes and scrub it out
- Clean coffeemaker, toaster and blender
- Clean and disinfect the sink
- Wash out and disinfect the garbage can
- Clean upholstery
- Clean carpets and flooring
- Vacuum and mop the floor
Bathroom cleaning checklist
- Wash the ceiling and the walls
- Wash out all drawers and shelves inside and out
- Wash shower curtain liner and shower door
- Launder shower curtain
- Clean the mirror
- Clean shower and tub
- Clean and disinfect toilet
- Clean plunger and toilet brush
- Clean and disinfect the sink
- Wash out the trash can
Fill a plastic bag with vinegar and tie around the shower and the sink head.
Leave it overnight and it will run as new in the morning
- Clean the clogs
- Vacuum and steam clean the floor
Living Spaces (Bedrooms, dining room, living room) Cleaning Checklist
- Dust vest and ceiling fans
- Dust walls and corners to remove cobwebs
- Dust blinds and wash curtains
- Launder all pillows, beddings, linen and cushions
- Wash windows and window frames
- Clean out fireplace
- Dust all electronics and appliances
- Dust furniture and decoration
- Clean under beds and couches
- Vacuumed and clean upholstered furniture
- Steam clean couch and armchairs
- Steam clean carpets and flooring
Entryway Cleaning Checklist
- Dust out all cabinets and shelves
- Wash out shoe shelves and cabinets
- Wipe out the front door
- Dust all decoration
- Steam clean welcome mat
- Vacuum and steam clean carpets and flooring
With proper planning, your apartment moving out cleaning shouldn’t be so tense. The time it takes would depend on the size and the conditions of the house. A hand in help is always a good idea. You can transform the exit clean process into a fun activity with the help of your significant other.
Once you complete the moving out checklist, your home will be shining bright!
Share the secrets you learned for a perfectly clean house. Finger cross this list to end up in the hands of the people that will be moving out of your new house.